DATE: 28TH AND 29TH AUGUST 2021
TIME: 08.30AM – 3.00PM (BOTH DAYS)
ENTRY FEE: R325
ONLINE ENTRIES ONLY – LIMITED ENTRIES AVAILABLE
ENTRIES CLOSE: 21/08/2021
FOOD AND REFRESHMENTS AVAILABLE
ABLUTIONS ON SITE
MEDICS ON STAND-BY
NO HELMET NO RIDE
ALL BIKES WELCOME
SHUTTLES BOTH DAYS
Race category choices:
Enduro: Must ride an enduro bike for all race runs.
Downhill: Must ride a downhill bike for all race runs.
Hardtail: Must ride a hardtail bike for all race runs.
All categories ride the same runs in the same manner.
NEW RULES AND CRITERIA
A NEW CONCEPT WILL SEE THE RIDERS USING A TAGGING SYSTEM, WHERE IT WILL BE UP TO THE RIDERS TO TAG IN AND OUT FOR THEIR “RACE RUNS”.
TIMING PODS WILL BE UP AT THE START AND THE FINISH TO TAG IN AND OUT.
RIDERS HAVE TO DO THREE “RACE RUNS” — ALL THREE RUNS COUNT TOGETHER, NOT ONLY THE FASTEST RUN.
RIDERS CAN PRACTICE AS MUCH AS THEY WANT. WHEN YOU FEEL READY, TAG IN AND COMPLETE A “RACE RUN”.
RIDERS CAN COMPLETE THE “RACE RUNS” OVER THE TWO DAYS, IT IS NOT NECESSARY TO DO IT IN ONE DAY. IT IS UP TO THE RIDERS TO DECIDE WHEN THEY WANT TO DO THE “RACE RUNS.”
THERE IS NO SPECIFIC TIME SLOT SO CHOOSE WISELY! THE IDEA IS TO SPREAD THE PEOPLE OUT OVER THE TWO DAYS TO HELP WITH SOCIAL DISTANCING.
RIDERS ARE ABLE TO SEE THEIR RACE TIMES IMMEDIATELY AFTER TAGGING IN AND TAGGING OUT ON THE MOBII APP.
RIDERS WILL COLLECT THEIR ARM BANDS AND NUMBER BOARDS UPON ARRIVAL. PLEASE RETURN THE ARM BANDS ONCE COMPLETED.
IF NOT RETURNED YOU WILL BE CHARGED A FEE.
- I will be limiting entries to the event even though it is outdoors I would like to keep it limited to be sure our numbers are safe within the rules.
- All registration and entries will be done online through the DRI website. All categories as per usual.
- The event will be run over the two days from 8.30 am till 3pm. ( 28th and 29th August 2021)
- On the day riders will collect their number boards together with their arm band. This is their timing device for the weekend. This is a sensor system, so at the top and bottom of the track there will be pods for riders to tap in to start and tap out to stop. Marshalls will be monitoring the riders.
- There will be shuttles running up to the start for the riders, but again limited amount of people in the shuttles due to social distancing rules.
- Riders will be spread out during the day to do their own practice and race runs accordingly. It is up to them to remember they need to tag in and out. Riders are able to see their race times immediately on the Mobii app.
- There is no specific start time for the riders to do their race runs, it is entirely up to them to decide when to start. Once they feel they have had enough practice they can tap the start pod and do a race run, tapping out at the end of the track.
- Riders have to do three race runs over the two days. If the riders don’t complete their race runs, they fall out of the race. All 3 race runs will be added together to get the final result. It makes things exciting as once you’ve tagged in you need to tag out! Consistency will be important.
- There will be medics on standby over the two days.
- Riders will also be signing indemnity forms as per usual protocol. The riding is undertaken at your own risk.